The Auditor General’s role is to audit the finances and activities of Kebbi State. In undertaking this task, the Auditor General will scrutinise for potential instances of wastage, inefficiency or ineffectiveness, and report his findings to the House of Assembly.
- Appropriation Audit: to ensure that funds are expended as appropriated by the Hon House of Assembly.
- Financial control Audit: to ensure that laid down procedures are being observed in tendering contracts and storekeeping with a view to prevent waste, pilferage and extravagance.
- Financial Audit in accordance with the laws in order to determine whether the accounts have been satisfactorily and faithfully kept.
- Value for money Audit: to ascertain the level of the economy, efficiency and effectiveness drived from Government projects and programme.
- Audit the Accounts of all offices, Courts and all person(S) entrusted with the collection and administration of public money (s) and assets, including government bodies and government owned companies.
- Audit of the Accountant General financial statement.
- Vetting ,commenting and certifying audited account of all parastatals and government statutory corporation in accordance with the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria.
- To advice the state government and it agencies on matters regarding finances and stores accounting.
Gwadangaji Secretariate, Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State.
(102) 6666 8888
(102) 8888 9999
Mon - Fri: 8:00 - 16:00