Functions & Duties
- To provide state level leadership in all activities affecting the system of higher education in the state.
- To identify policy consideration on higher education, specifying the significance thereof, and making recommendation thereon, to His Excellency, the Governor.
- To facilitate and coordinate the master planning effort and execution of all state policies and progress on higher institutions.
- To determine the higher education needs of the state in both public and private institutions.
- To advise government on, and ensure proper procedure of, the appointment of Vice Chancellors, Rectors, Provosts and Principals of State Tertiary Institutions.
- To assist state tertiary institutions to secure accreditation with relevant bodies such as NUC, NCCE, and NBTE and to establish linkage programmes with other institutions of higher learning in Nigeria and abroad.
- To prepare an annual budget for state tertiary institutions and see to its proper implementation.
- To supervise the revenue and expenditure of state tertiary institutions.
- To monitor and oversee the affairs of all tertiary institutions in the state. This refers to all state-owned institutions pursuing post-secondary education.
- To oversee the payments / disbursement of scholarships to Kebbi state indigenes in institutions of higher learning within and outside the country.
- To liaise between the governor and Governing Council of the State’s Tertiary institutions.
- To monitor admission and area of specialisation of Kebbi state indigenes in Federal and state institutions of higher learning with a view to meeting the manpower needs / requirement of the state.
- To inspect, license, register and accredit all private higher institutions that offer Diploma / Certificate Courses in the State.
- To assist Kebbi state indigenes to secure admission into federal and state institutions of higher learning and monitor their academic performance.
- To provide manpower, training and discipline of staff of the state tertiary institutions.
- Organise stakeholders’ meetings, workshops / seminars on various aspect of higher education.
- Carry out any other duty assigned by His Excellency.
- To produce state indigenes who will represent the state in all tertiary institutions in country in Science and Technology courses.
To develop through expert knowledge and consensus, a comprehensive globally competitive, credible and locally vibrant framework for diversifying and categorising Higher Education System in Kebbi State.
To lay a solid foundation that will produce responsible citizens with determination, differentiation and commitment towards the development of the state in its ramification.
Gwadangaji Secretariat, Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State.
(102) 8888 9999
Mon - Fri: 8:00 - 16:00