The Kebbi State Government enacted the Fiscal Responsibility Law (FRL) and the Public Procurement Law (PPL) in 2011, which lead to the establishment of Bureau of Price Intelligence and Public Procurement in 2016.
The Bureau is establish to prevent inflation in the State and is the State Government agency tasked with establishing price controls on both nonagricultural and agricultural commodities and essential consumer goods within Kebbi State.www.kbpippb.com.ng
- The harmonization of existing government policies and practices on public procurement and ensuring probity, accountability and transparency in the procurement process;
- The establishment of pricing standards and benchmarks;
- Ensuring the application of fair, competitive, transparent, maintain standards and practices for the procurement and disposal of public assets and services; and
- The attainment of transparency, competitiveness, cost effectiveness and professionalism in the public sector procurement system.
- Formulate the general policies and guidelines relating to public sector procurement for the approval of the Council;
- Publicize and explain the provisions of Price Intelligence and Public Procurement Act;
- Subject to thresholds as may be set by the Council, certify state procurement prior to the award of contract;
- Supervise the implementation of established procurement policies;
- Monitor the prices of tendered items and keep a national database of standard prices;
- Publish the details of major contracts in the procurement journal;
- Publish paper and electronic editions of the procurement journal and maintain an archival system for the procurement journal;
LEADERSHIP AND Management
The Commission has an Executive Chairman and six full-time members whose tenure last for five years each as well as a career officer who serves as Secretary. The commission has five units namely Administration; Planning, Research and Statistics; Finance and Supply; Monitoring and Evaluation; and Legal.
Government House, Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi State.
+234 3936 7276
Mon - Fri: 8:00 - 16:00